Thursday, August 14, 2014

Obama Care Sucks

Oh I have so much to tell you all. I know I have been quite remiss in my postings here. I'm sorry about that. It has been a long and exciting few weeks around here.

Part of the excitment hasn't really been a fun type of excitment. I'll get just a tad political here and say Obama care really sucks. The people who love it seem mostly to be those that work at jobs that do not provide medical insurance, BUT never are really all that sick to begin with. For those people, it is a relief to know they have insurance now. The joke is on them, however, if they ever really do get sick. Because just wait until they try to use it.

My saying that isn't based on just my own experiences with what happened the last couple weeks. I have friends who are having severe issues with the program. These people have serious medical problems. I'm sure Obama care is just fine for bandaide solutions, minor procedures and the like. My situation (not really 'mine' but I was involved) is with my sister-in-law, a long-time Type II diabetic who is a double amputee and has had quad-bypass, high blood pressure and is legally blind (all from the diabetes). She has no car and can't drive, but is on dialysis three times a week. Her previous insurance covered the expenses along with medicade (spelling?). However, the medicaid portion was transfered to Obama care, of course, after it passed, and as it trickled down, or it finally got to her case, it cancelled her transporation services. Oh sure, it covered the dialysis, but now she couldn't get to it.

Her daughter has a car but it's too high and my SIL can't get into it. So I've been going three times a week to take her to an all-day long dialysis appointment. It didn't help that my car is falling apart. I don't really care, because I rarely drive anywhere but the couple of blocks to the grocery store once a week. I don't really need a car much. It has been particularly hair raising over these two weeks though, and my SIL had called all day long every day trying to find a solution to her problem, and at each turn and every contact she found, they said she would have to get in touch with her social worker at public aid to get approval. Well, she called every day at least once an hour and never got an answer. The voicemail transfer would say "voicemail full" and that was all she could do.

Finally, one of the case workers at the dialysis center called and the public aid office answered right away. Uh huh... so FINALLY my SIL has transportation again.

I am really sorry to rant like that. I didn't mean for it to be that long, but it was very annoying. Beyond the horrors of Obama care, what really got me was the public aid office pointedly not answering their phone. At one of her treatments, a person who worked there told my SIL that his wife worked at a public aid office and they never answered their phones! What is that about? I'm sure the only reason they finally answered when the guy from the dialysis center called is that the call showed up on the public aid offices call waiting as a medical center, and they didn't think it was a person calling for help, they thought it was an official medical business call. That's just wrong on a lot of levels, as far as I'm concerned.

1 comment:

  1. Lost Vape Mirage DNA75C Box Mod is designed by Lost Vape LTD. It is compatible with the single high drain 18650, 20700 and 21700 battery that can fire up to max 100W.

    ReplyDelete