Friday, August 22, 2014

Helios RDA Number 2

I just have to make another post on the Helios RDA. I got my second one today. The first Helios RDA I got was one I ordere with my Vamo V5 and I have been really enjoying the performance. Even though I got it back then, I didn't mention it too much in my Vamo post. I hadn't really had time to decide if it was going to be a great atty or just a good one. I knew it wasn't a stinker, but it takes time to decide if you're really going to love a piece of equipment. Now I know.

The Helios is a drip atomizer, which means there is no holding tank and you have to keep adding juice in drops as you go. I love the RDAs (stands for rebuildable drip atomizer) that have side air intake rather than post air intake. That way if you over load the atomizer with too much liquid, it may drown the coil and make vaping difficult to impossible until you get rid of some of it, or it may drip out the sides through the air openings, but it WON'T drip down into the battery connection. I now avoid contact post air vents as much as possible.

This little powerhouse really works great. I have two versions of it (both are clones). The first is the most tradtional style with air vents on each side of the top cap, the second has just one set of airholes on one side of the cap. I actually like them both very much.


These atomizers come with FOUR posts. It is actually a traditional 3 post setting that would allow users to do dual coils, and even quad coils, but the center positive post actually has two screws in it so it is even easier to put dual coils in, they don't have to share a center screw. All of the screws have post holes for the wire to go through, which I like a lot more than the basic screw setup that requires users to wrap the wire on the screw as it is tightened to keep it in place.


(edited to add a picture that showed the post set up on the Helios deck.)

The black Helios is a sleek, beautiful piece. You can just see the air "ring" at the center of the top cap that turns to open or close off the air openings, and let users select the desired air strength.


Even though there's only a two hole opening on one side of the new Helios I just got, everything else is the same, and the ring works the same to allow for airflow adjustment. I actually like the single sided air opening, and it works really well.

There are several other atomizers I have tried so far, and a couple more I'd like to try in the future, but I LOVE the Helios so far. It is my favorite of the ones I have used up to this point.

2 comments:

  1. Fitcloud Condor RDA features a 24mm diameter and a Bottom Feeder Pin. You can adjust the airflow by setting on the tube and the bottom AFC ring, and the air from the center of deck gives you smooth feeling while vaping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VapeDensity has the huge collection of best online vape supply. One of the well known premium e-juice store in the Canada. Shop today and save on the vaping

    ReplyDelete