Thursday, September 11, 2014

Kayfun v 3 es Review

Recently I won a contest on the e-cigarette-forum board offered by VaporEngine.com. The contest gave away ejuice every week and once a month, for a three month period, a Kayfun v3 kit. I won the very last kayfun kit!

It arrived today and it is just great.


The black drip tip and black tank window I had on hand. The original kit comes with a silver metal drip tip and a choice of both solid silver or clear plastic window tank. So, with my black tank window I have three options for using this tank.

I love the fact that this Kayfun allows you to use any drip tip you like to further customize the tank. Not all Kayfun versions (either original or clone) allow it. This one does require a drip tip adapter, but it was included with the kit and is easy to use.


It looks pretty cool on my black Vamo V5 I think. The draw on this Kayfun is fairly tight, but completely acceptable.

I recently purchased a cheap ($14.00) clone version of the Kayfun Lite v1 and it has a very similar airflow. I had hoped the V3 with it's adjustable airflow would allow just a smidge more air in, but the vapor production is very good anyway on both of the units.

I have read many posts on various forums of new Kayfun users having such a hard time getting a good build (coil and wick construction) on their Kayfuns. I am not sure what the problem is with that. I have never had any difficulty with either of the Kayfuns, the older clone or this new original version.

I apologize for not taking pictures of the tank it the tear down mode. Here is a stock copy pic from one of the websites that sells Kayfuns to show how the tank looks broken down into pieces.

The Kayfun does indeed produce very nice vapor and flavor, almost comparable to a dripper. Quite frankly, no current tank can really equal a drip atomizer for flavor and vapor, but the Kayfuns come as close as a tank can get, and provide the convienience of not having to constantly add liquid to the atty. The very, VERY large 4.5 ml holding tank on the Kayfun means it will last a very long time. One tank lasts me roughly a day (using it alternatly with either a dripper or another tank).

There are Kayfun mini tanks that can be purchased separately (it's on my wishlist) that hold a smaller amount of liquid and fit on the Kayfun and Kayfun lite bases. There are also many different colored window tanks to customize Kayfuns to your mods, and the actual Kayfuns also come in several color varieties including the stainless steel I have pictured here, black, gold, bronze, brushed steel, chrome, black chrome, blue and even rainbow.

1 comment:

  1. Fitcloud Condor RDA features a 24mm diameter and a Bottom Feeder Pin. You can adjust the airflow by setting on the tube and the bottom AFC ring, and the air from the center of deck gives you smooth feeling while vaping.

    ReplyDelete