Monday, September 22, 2014

When in Doubt -- STEEP

Ever get that bottle of e-juice in the mail and unwrap it with all of the excitement of a child unwrapping a present on Christmas morning, only to take a quick vape and have all that excitement go up in a puff of vapor? UGH, YUK! Sometimes an e-juice just doesn't taste good. That's not a "doesn't taste like I expected, has a different flavor that I thought, or I don't like that flavor---it's it tastes like ... manure (as polite as I can say that).

I had one like that. I didn't care for it when it came, but it didn't taste like what it was labeled to be. So, I put it away for two weeks to steep and hoped it would come together. When I tried it after two weeks it was HORRIBLE. I thought oh no, this is really a bad juice. I didn't throw it away though, I just tossed it back in the juice box and left it there. I happened to go through the box last week and took it out. It had been in there, probably a month. I decided to see if it was still terrible and if it was I was going to toss it. Lo and behold, it actually tasted just fine, and was the flavor it was supposed to be. I was quite amazed. It is still not my all time favorite, but I like it well enough to use it up now.

Don't toss away e-juice that doesn't taste good right off the bat, or doesn't taste like what you thought it would right from the start. When in doubt--steep! Put it in a box (dark place) out of sunlight (keep it relatively cool) and let it just sit for a few weeks. If it isn't good then, let it sit for a few more weeks. 

If it still isn't good after a month or two... the garbage is a good place for it at that point.

1 comment:

  1. Fitcloud Condor RDA features a 24mm diameter and a Bottom Feeder Pin. You can adjust the airflow by setting on the tube and the bottom AFC ring, and the air from the center of deck gives you smooth feeling while vaping.

    ReplyDelete