Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Review of the KGO e-cigarette

Again, I am just letting you all know, none of these reviews, this one included are paid for in any way. They are just my experiences with new equipment I've purchased to get started in my e-cigarette life. Thanks to these delightful pieces, I've been tobacco free for 2 weeks now!

My Review of the KGO E-Cigarette

I purchased my KGO starter kit from Northwest Vapors, but there are several vendors out there with equally good deals on starter kits for this powerful little model.

After a little over a week of being a slave to my battery charger with the smaller Nebula (which I still like a lot), I decided it was time to try one of the "big boys" on the block, and after much consideration, chose the KGO.



The KGO is a very attractive piece. It  is about 2 times big around as the Nebula and about the same length (the drip tip on top was an add-on that did not come with the actual kit). Even though the KGO is about twice as heavy as the Nebula it is easy to handle.

The biggest differences with the KGO are the fact that it is a manual battery for one, and much more powerful and longer lasting.

The KGO is a 1100mah battery, meaning it will have about an 11 - 12 hour running life even at the heaviest vaping. Compared to the smaller pen-style automatics like the Nebula with its 2.5 hour use life, that's amazing.

Of course, it is rechargable, but now I don't have to feel like I am always charging batteries.

The 1100mah batteries are also a ton more powerful. It operates at 3.7 volts and can use dual cartomizers which produce a lot more heat, therefore a lot more vapor with each draw.

With a manual you don't have to do the ritual primer puffs that you with an automatic battery, and because of the massive power, you don't have to take long draws to get huge amounts of vapor.

The KGO Kit:

2 KGO 1100mah/3.7 volt batteries
2 atomizers
2 atomizer sleeves
USB/AC charger

(Sorry the picture is so dark)

The KGO kit from Northwest Vapors also comes with 6 preloaded cartridges of various strengths, but I didn't care for the juice in them, and I don't plan on using cartridges anyway. I prefer cartomizers or plain dripping with the atomizers.


Using the KGO

Wow what a difference! Besides the battery life issue, the entire vaping experience changes with such power. I didn't think I'd like having to push a button to turn it on every time I vaped, but it really isn't an issue at all.

The KGO locks (5 fast clicks on the button turns it off completely) so that it won't turn on by being bumped in a purse or pocket. Turning it back on is easy (the same 5 fast clicks). That's a cool safety feature.

I love the freedom to be able to "sample" e-liquids before filling an entire cartomizer with them too. I just use the atomizer alone, and drip liquid into it to taste it first. Then if I like it, I can load up a cartomizer and go.

I have ordered a few extra accessories to go with this. They should be here in a day or two. Along with extra empty cartomizers (colored and clear: that should be interesting), I've also ordered:

A lanyard to carry it around my neck anywhere
A carrying case that also holds extra cartomizers and e-juice bottles, etc.
A 3.5 ml tank (a really new experience that will alleviate all the constant refilling of cartomizers)
A few more drip tips in different colors

Lots of fun, and best of all, I'm cigarette free and not missing them at all!

The KGO--AA+

1 comment:

  1. If you are buy electronic cigarette for beginners, the joyetech cuaio d22 kit is the perfect choice. This stylish device is light and easy to handle. Newbies rave about how easy it is to refill, which sets it far above many competing devices. The battery never gets a bad review because of joyetech procore remix atomizer review's legendary capacity. New vape users love the rich and thick vapor produced by this high-performance device.

    ReplyDelete