Sunday, January 29, 2012

Washing Cartomizers

Yes, they're disposable, and yes they're cheap, but for those of us on a budget, getting the most out of each one is important. I decided to try washing out used cartomizers that I used all last week and were getting overloaded, not to mention that one of them had a menthol tobacco in it that was WHEW overpowering (my own mix so I have no one to blame but myself). I managed to make a new more tolerable menthol but was left with a carto that I was not going to be able to use, so I threw that into the used cartos too.

The cleaning method I used:

I took off the end cap, mouth-piece of each cartomizer.

I boiled a pot of water.

I put the cartos in a bowl, and poured the boiling water over them.

I swirled the cartos around a few times, then took a tongs and grabbed each one and ran it under a faucet of HOT water for several minutes each.

I placed all of the washed cartomizers in a pie tin and put them in the oven at 175 degrees for a hour.

Let them sit for another 8 hours, and loaded one up... vapes very nice.

The one that didn't. The menthol cartomizer still smells like strong menthol. I should have washed that a few times. That may not even have done the trick, so I'm down one, but that's better than being down 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment