Sunday, January 29, 2012

Quitting One Cigarette at a Time, or All At Once: Does it Matter?

Technically, I'd say  no. If you vape and smoke, and gradually cut down the number of "real" cigarettes you smoke each day, week or month, that is that much less harmful toxins and carcinogens you are inhaling.

If you find that you're craving cigarettes while you vape, consider using a higher nicotine level e-juice. The brand I started out with only had an 11mg strength at the highest, and I liked it okay, but it was not killing the cravings for cigarettes. I bought a different model, and found that most standard pre-filled cartomizers, and e-juices come in higher levels including 18gm, 24mg and 30mg. I chose 24mg and all of my cravings stopped. All of them.

Recently I bought some new juice and thought I could get away with a lower level, and bought it in 16mg. That was a mistake. It's okay to try and cut back on the nicotine levels gradually, but do it slower. The cravings came back, although not really intensely. I was able to resist, and thankfully had some 24mg e-juice still, so I alternated between them throughout the day and killed all the cravings.

Since stopping smoking 7 days ago, my sinuses have cleared up, I have stopped that nasty, hacking smoker's cough and I feel great. There hasn't been any of the horrible withdrawals I've had when trying to quit tobacco cigarettes in the past. E-cigarettes are fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment