Monday, February 6, 2012

Keeping an Eye Out for Symptoms

When you're new at trying something, you tend to worry over possible reactions, and are alert to symptoms. So far, with e-cigarettes I've had a very easy transaction from smoking to vaping, and feel much better--in general. However, I did have an unusual side-effect the other day. For about 2 days, I had an annoying twitch in my left eye. I immediately attributed it to the high 24mg of nicotine I've been vaping in order to conquer my cravings for cigarettes. Any less mg and I start to think and want cigarettes, so I've been keeping the levels at 24mg, and thought maybe it was catching up to me.

I tried lowering the nicotine content since I had a few samples of lesser strengths, but nothing really seemed to work long. Then someone on the ECF board mentioned a possible reaction to certain flavors or levels of PG or VG, the glycerin bases used to make e-liquids. Since all of my juices come in various mixtures of PG and VG, and I hadn't had any reaction to them up to the time the twitching started, I discounted a possible reaction to either of those. However, the flavor thought really hit home. The twitching started right after a new batch of e-juices in new flavors came in the mail, and I had been vaping Chocolate Liqueur very heavily.

I like the Chocolate Liqueur, its a very strong chocolate flavor, and by now you know I like chocolate, lol. Unfortunately, it seems that this particular flavor is a problem for me, at least used heavily. I am not throwing it out, since I do like it, but am going to try and see if after a while, I can't vape it occasionally, just not over a long period of time. Since changing out my flavor, (and I've used several others since) I haven't had any twitching problems at all in my eye (or anywhere else). I'm sure glad it was as simple as a flavor reaction, and not a problem with other aspects of the e-cigarette that I really enjoy, and has allowed me to be free of the stinky cancer sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment