Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Adventures in Chemistry---or--How to Not Blow Up the House While Making Juice

Actually, lol, I can't wait. I'm about to start on a new adventure in vaping--making my own e-juice. DIY has always fascinated me, but I've put it off. Finally I did it. I broke down and ordered the supplies I need for a healthy start into DIY liquid and it will be here on Friday. (Achy, achy waiting syndrome. As most vapers know, the worst part about vapemail is the WAITING for vapemail.)

For any little girl or boy who loved chemistry in school, or those fun blow the house up chemistry sets as a child, the idea of sitting in front of a plethora of vials and tubes and mixing up a batch of liquids is just fun. I am anxious to have fun doing it, because I was one of those kids who loved the thrill of science and chemistry back in the day, but I'm looking forward to it for a much better reason as well--$$$$$!

Yes, dollars! The cost of the bases, flavors and little bit of equipment necessary to start up is about $60.00 which will give me enough for 10 full 30 ml bottles plus enough of most of the ingredients for an additional 10, but I would need a second order of the nicotine base so another $8 or so. So let's figure a total of $68.00 would actually get 20 full 30 ml bottles. To buy that much liquid at even a lower priced vape store would be roughly $200.00! Where I usually buy mine since I prefer 100% vg based e-juice it would be a lot more--roughly $400.00!!!

That's a huge savings!

There's another good reason, although for the most part I think the average e-juice supplier is reputable. A little research will let buyers know if they are dealing with good ejuice providers. But making your own is a surebet way of knowing exactly what is in the juice you are using, and where it comes from.

Mostly it's about controlling my own flavors and money for me... oh yeah---and FUN.


(and yes, there's yet a next step--soon, on to mods and rebuildable coils for even greater savings and convenience.)

No comments:

Post a Comment