Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Back Again

Well, hello. It's been a long time. There's a reason for that. Let me tell you the tale of my stumble and fall, and then getting back up again.

 I began vaping in 2012 and loved it. I got off those nasty cigarettes instantly, and thought I'd found the healthy path. Well--I HAD, but... Isn't there always a but? For some reason the eye-twitch I mentioned down a few posts below this got worse. I mean it got so bad I couldn't concentrate on work. It was so distracting and irritating. I ended up giving up e-cigarettes and going back to smoking. BOOOOO I lapsed for quite a while. It wasn't until just recently, earlier this year that I decided to give it another try.

You see, I REALLY like e-cigarettes. I really believe they are a healthy alternative to smoking. I am a strong advocate for them. What I wasn't sure about was what exactly caused the twitching eye. I narrowed it down to 1 of 2 things--too high of a nicotine level or the PG (propolyene glycol) that made up a good portion of the ejuices, in some cases a large portion that I was using. I started out with a massive 24mg of nicotine in the juices I bought back then. I had a reason. I had been a heavy smoker, so I figured the maximum nicotine level was the way to go. I probably over-did it. This time, I started out with bottles of 8 and 4 mg each, and switched back and forth. No twitching.

 I also switched to 100% VG (vegetable glycol) for most of the juices, with a few that had low concentrations of PG just for a little change up now and then. The PG really carries the flavor of the juices better, so it's hard to resist a little of it. No twitching.

 I started back up in January of this year, going very slow, and not switching over completely. Rather, I used the e-cigarettes to cut down a bit on smoking, but I was being cautious. After several months of no twitching, I finally last month made the complete switch.

Bottom line--I do believe e-cigarettes are THE healthy alternative to smoking. I know that I am not alone in the fact that I've had symptoms of allergies when using e-cigarettes though, and that those symptoms have caused others to quit. What I'd like to convey here is that IF you have any allergy symptoms when using e-cigarettes, take a look at what you are using, and see if there isn't a trigger there that you can adjust to get rid of the symptoms without getting rid of the vape. Remember, ALLERGIES are a common thing. They don't make e-cigarettes bad!!! After all, lots of people are allergic to peanuts, but no one thinks peanuts are evil. The good thing with e-cigarettes is that if you are allergic to a certain element, or have made a mistake in using too high a level of nicotine in your juices, it is something that can be remedied!

No comments:

Post a Comment