Thursday, July 17, 2014

Vivi Rebuildable Tank (not from Smoktech and not Vivi Nova)

I got the Vivi Rebuildable Tank from GotVapes.com. It is an attractive, and fairly easy to use and rebuild tank that I felt would be a good 1st tank for a newbie rebuilder. The coil is a loose wrap around the wick, so there isn't the need for getting a tight wrap or threading the wick as in the more advanced types of rebuildables.

This is also a good tank for people (like me) who are using ego type batteries with them.



First Impressions

Having just started using this, I am giving my initial experiences with the device at this time. As time goes on, I will update with information on actually rebuilding the coil, and any other information I determine along the way.

On first use, the draw was like pulling up a lung, but it did get a little better after it warmed up a bit. However, it never really had a nice easy draw, and the vapor production isn't that great even with the 100% vg juice I use. The air intake is at the base and the holes are extremely small. Perhaps blocked a bit by the ego threading.  I would prefer side air vents, but this is a fairly simple and low-level rebuildable so that's probably a lot to ask for. Becuase the air vents the same as in an ego cart/atomizer, do not get too much liquid in the atomizer area or it will leak horribly. The tank itself didn't leak though.

(Not a great shot of the atomizer base. The tall post on the left is the fill hole post.)

Refill hole

There is a fill port on the top of level of the atomizer. This is an improvement over the reviews I've seen of the Smoktech version of the Vivi rebuildable. There are good and bad parts about this fill hole.

The Good: It is capped by a long rod that screws into the deck instead of a screw. The rod is easily grasped by two fingers to turn it to remove it, so no screw driver needed to fill up the tank.

The Bad: The hole is SMALL. A blunt syringe tip does not fit into the hole. (Edit, after several tries, I finally found a syringe tip that fit into it. The downside to that is it is an old - still sterile and unused - real needle I used to use to give puppy shots to the dogs. Very thin gauge. Not sure if the standard blunts sold by DIY shops come thin enough. None I have from DIY supplies are.) I don't have a syringe tip bottle with the rubber hose type syringe to try and see if that would fit into the hole. Because the hole is so small, filling takes a LONG time drip by drip. TIP: loading the top area of the tank and letting it drip slowly into the holding tank area is a bad idea, a lot of fluid drips down the atomizer post and leaks out the base of the unit.

The Tank Body

The tank body is plastic, but is strudy feeling. It screws on tightly to the base and tightly at the top. There is no rubber gasket at the top or bottom, however there is one at the middle where the atomizer base sits above the holding tank. I would prefer a bottom atomizer instead of the top. However, at least the tank body does come off so the screws are easy to access for rebuilding.

The Drip Tip

The tank has a nicely shaped drip tip with a large enough opening to make direct dripping onto the atomizer possible fairly easily. However... the drip tip is molded directly from the top of the tank, so you can not change it with a different type. I prefer to use my choice of drip tips. If I happen to like the one a tank comes with, great, but if not, I'd like the option to replace it. You can't do that with this. The drip tip is made of the same stainles steel metal as the top and base of the tank. I know a lot of people who use metal drip tips, but I prefer plastic.

Overall

It's a very nice vape. On the standard ego it vapes kind of hot at 3.8 volts. It is good, but I prefer it on my ego-twist where I can adjust the ohms down to 3.5 for a milder heat level. However, that makes the entire piece a very long and somewhat heavy device, especially when used with an inline tester (volt/wattage/ohm, great for using with egos that do not have a readout available). I like the feel, look and weight of the tank on the standard ego by itself better. Both are well within safety ranges.

NOTE: When using any device that includes rebuildable coils, always use an ohms checker to ensure proper levels to avoid overloading batteries that could create performance issues or be dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment